Marketing a property involves many different mediums although often there is the misconception that marketing is advertising only. This is in fact far from reality - advertising is just one step of what marketing a property involves.
Following is a list of additional marketing activities that can be used to profile your property in the marketplace. These activities differ according to the suitability of your property.
- All Sales Consultants should bring the rest of the sales team through your property so they can help in finding a buyer.
- The Sales Consultant may offer all current buyers a pre-marketing property preview. This allows you to get good feedback on price and saleability from people who have looked at other properties. It may even mean that an offer is made prior to any public advertising.
- The Sales Consultant may inform the neighbours, often by way of a flyer drop or letter, as many people know of others that would like to buy in their area.
- The Sales Consultant will put up a For Sale sign on your property. This is an extremely effective way of marketing your property and generates interest in a property from people who are walking or driving past.
- The Sales Consultant will add a photograph and description of your property into their office window, which can attract motivated buyers.
- Sales Consultants may send a letter out to your friends asking them to talk to others they know that might be interested. Word of mouth is extremely powerful and may bring you the buyer you need.
- The Sales Consultant may produce a brochure for delivery to areas that may hold your buyer.
- The Sales Consultant will add your property to the internet.
- There are different websites available and your Sales Consultant will be able to inform you as to which one(s) would be appropriate. Professionals Sales Consultants advertise on a mix of websites including Trademe.co.nz, Realestate.co.nz, Sella.co.nz and our own Professionals websites.
- The Sales Consultant may contact people on their database to let them know your property is on the market.
- If appropriate, your Sales Consultant may develop an email marketing campaign for your property.
- The Sales Consultant will advertise your property in the most appropriate media.
- The Sales Consultant will usually hold open homes for potential buyers to be able to visit your property.
- If there is a price change, the Sales Consultant may contact all those that had shown interest over the time it has been on the market.
Your Sales Consultant may have other ways of marketing your property that work well in your area. Discuss your marketing strategy with your Sales Consultant as they are the 'experts' in this area.
If you require any further assistance in selling your property, please contact us today.